Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Want To Know A Secret

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Todd's sermon on Monday night was not the original message he had planned to bring to us. Don't worry you will get to hear it this Monday at frontline. I do believe, however, it was perfect for the night and one of the best sermons I've ever heard him preach. I finally got to hear it in the second service at 830 and when I did I was completely floored. Earlier last week I was asked to write a devotional for the prayer guide that MBC will put out in March and the passage I was given to work from occurred just before the Disciples went out with Jesus on the boat. Jesus had just told the disciples if they had faith the size of a mustard seed they could move mountains and then took them into the storm. Needless to say I had to do a serious gut check, I had to think about what I had already written about faith to see how I measured up to my own words. For me, my part in moving the mountain that is frontline to a new location has taken a great deal of Faith. As I sat there, in a second service that was necessary because of the tremendous number that showed up at 730, I was amazed at the faithfulness and favor that God has graciously granted to me personally and to our church as well. I trust you walked away with your own ahaah moment and if you did I hope you've gotten a chance to process a bit more and somehow make some application to your own life.

1 comment:

Todd and Amy Adkins said...

God is going to use this campus in amazing ways as well as use you Todd. Thanks for all your hard work.