A friend of mine used to send me emails from time to time he called "God Sightings." I guess it was a kind of pseudo blog before its time. Basically, it was his personal stories of how God was working in the lives of those around him. It was great to hear all of the little miracles he encountered along his way each week. My favorite thing over the last two months has been hearing the personal stories about how Frontline Arlington is making an impact on your friends, coworkers and families. Nearly every meeting I have involves someone telling me about someone they know who has been impacted by our community. Whether its been about a person they've invited or how easy it was to get someone to FLARL verses a Sunday night in Tyson's it seems as though everyones got a story. A couple days ago I had lunch with one of our small group leaders who told me about a couple in his neighborhood he has consistently invited to Frontline at Tyson's (for 2yrs) to no avail. Where do you suppose they finally showed up? That's right. There are a dozen more stories like it, I blogged about hearing these kind of things a month ago, but I am blessed to say it hasn't let up.
I even hear things about whats going on at Arlington when I travel. Last week I was in Louisville at Southern Seminary where I did my MDIV and had a guy walk up to me just say thanks. He said he had a sibling who hadn't been to church in years who had been coming to FLARL for over a month. It meant a great deal to his family and he hoped it would open doors in his own relationship with him as well. He didn't know who had invited him but he was quite happy that they did.
If you've got a story of your own to pass along we would love to hear it.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment